Sunday, March 11, 2007

I've Seen So Much Innovation That It Puts Me To Sleep

So it was a break, nothing memorable, nothing going down in the history books. I'm glad I spent most of it at home. Here's the way things went.

Saturday #1- Went home with Joey and Steve. The cat's greeted me warmly, which is always nice. My mom made a Thanksgiving-esque dinner which is one of my favorite types of meals. I sat around the house for a bit, then went to Dave's. Dave, Kevin and I watched Beerfest. That movie was much, much funnier than I expected it to be. I think I'll rent it for Mike to see.

Sunday #1- Went to church, which is always nice. Didn't do much else.

Monday- I forget what I did Monday. Not much?

Tuesday- Also kind of up in the air. I helped my dad with some painting stuff, but he insisted it was mostly a "one man job" that day. I went to Half-Price Books, but there wasn't much I was interested in.

Wednesday- Put down painters tape for my dad then just hung out until 9. Dave, Sean and I went to the 1899 Pub and had a lot to drink and sat around bullshitting. It was very nice. Sean's brother Robby picked us up and we went to IHOP. I got an ice cream sundae and for some reason drank about 2 pots of coffee. It did not keep me awake when I got home, I passed out pretty much instantly.

Thursday- Mom and Dad were both home. We got the painting finished! Me and my mom went shopping for some threads after that. I got a few sweaters. They are nice. We also stopped at Half-Price Books where I got a copy of Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck. I am excited to read it. Went back to 1899, this time with Mike, Dave, Sean and Sean's girlfriend Megan. We talked about Lake Catholic High School teachers a lot. We had a lot of very ridiculous teachers. I only had 2 drinks, though, because I had to drive home.

Friday- We moved furniture back in place becaus the painting was done. It was less of a hassle than I expected it to be. I went to the St. Gabriel's fish fry and ate a lot of fish, it was very tasty. I found out that the volunteers who fry the fish get to drink beer all night while they fry. It made me want to volunteer as a fryer (frier?). After the fish fry, Kevin, Bryan, Jessie, and I went to the Grog Shop to see Vic Ruggierro. He was playing with Westbound Train, so all the openers were ska bands. Free Sample Tuesday were ok but boring, 80HD knocked it out of the park as usual and the Skatastrophes were god awful. Vic Ruggierro is the lead singer of the Slackers, but he also plays solo country/blues stuff. He's very goofy and eccentric and has a very thick Brooklyn accent. I was entertained. After that, we went to Guy's Pizza where slices are only a buck. I got 2 slices of pepperoni. They were very tasty, definitely worth a buck.

Saturday #2- I went to Lina's and picked up some beer: Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout and Saison Etrange from the now defunct Querryman Tavern and Brewery in Berea, Ohio. I'm especially excited to try the saison because I believe it has had time to age and it's a local brewery so I'll be able to keep Cleveland in my heart while I drink it. I also went to church on Saturday so I wouldn't have to wake up on Sunday. After church, I went over to Dave's to watch the Cav's game. It was a nail biter but we eked it out by 2 points. Plus, Ira Newble played and seeing him play is a rare occurrence. After the game, we went to my house with Kevin and listened to music and drank beer until about 3:30. It was a very nice night. Kevin and Dave are probably getting an apartment in Cleveland next school year. I am excited to go visit them there.

Sunday #2- I woke up and arranged a ride back with Joey. I packed my things, went to Taco Bell, and then waited for Joey to pick me up. We had a nice ride back as we talked about our breaks among other things.

That was my break. Nothing else really happened except I read the book Moneyball by Michael Lewis. It was a very enjoyable read. I suggest it and Michael Lewis' latest, The Blind-Side, to anybody looking for a sports book with more broad appeal, because they both have that in spades.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When were you going to tell me you were starting this up again?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Corey Whompus said...

oh, you know...i was gonna get around to it...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Stephen L. Hildreth said...

Update your blog!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home