Monday, June 04, 2007

Here's My Secret: I'm Still Unsure Of Everything

So, as I think everyone who would read this knows, I am not coming back to BG in the fall. I kept the knowledge of this fact to myself for a very long while. I mean, I wasn't exactly sure what was going to happen, but I knew I wasn't going to be in school. There was a chance I was going to force my parents to cut me off and let me get a full time job in BG trying to afford my rent until I could figure out what I was going to do. Fortunately, I'm not doing that. I wanted to really badly at one point, but that would have been stupid. After that, I thought I was going to go home and work while going to community college. That was a frightening thought, to say the least.

Finally, my parents and I decided that I would be best off living in the dorms at Eastern Michigan and going to school there. I'm still majoring in telecommunications but instead of political science, I'm minoring in journalism. All goes well, I'll be out in two years. All goes horribly, I'll be back at home for a long time. I comfort myself with the fact that BG is not too far away. The town is still like a home to me, possibly more so than my own. I feel uncomfortable and out of place oftentimes here in Lake County, a feeling I rarely ever have in BG. Still, privacy and relative solitude is going to do me good, I hope, and I see myself succeeding wonderfully at Eastern. I don't put a lot of stock in God or religion, but when visiting Eastern Michigan two weeks ago, I really felt like if there is some kind of deity, I am doing what his will by going there. It was a strange feeling and possibly just a selfish, self-satisfying one, but it made me feel better.

I don't really know what else to say, I just wanted to keep everyone up on my thoughts now that I feel free to share them. I just hope Eastern isn't as hostile towards me as it was my freshman year. There were times while I was there that I felt half the school was out to make my day awful but I bet that was just in my imagination.

I also need to drink less, which I am definitely not doing here in Lake County.

I would like to send out a few simple, public messages to friends who read this blog.

Steve- Video Bank is important and it's your chance to leave a mark at BG before you leave. I know that's what you want, I can see it in you. You've got the chops so just do it. I'll come help whenever I can.

Emily- No offense to Steve, but I couldn't imagine a better possible president for UFO. Regardless of how many people show up, make it mean something because it should. Hopefully, I'll have some product to send your way for the film festival.

Dustin- I am turning into you: an old weirdo, wandering the dormitory halls. Seriously, though, I hope we can get the apartment shit figured out because it'd be the greatest favor in the world if you could take that lease off my hands.

That's about it, some coherent thoughts, some slightly incoherent, random thoughts. Take what you will from them.

11 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

that means a lot. thank you.

if you work hard, good things will happen. it might not always work that way, but in college, it does. this is our test drive.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Stephen L. Hildreth said...

thanks corey.

i think someday you'll probably look back at this moment and realize it was a blessing. personally, it just seems to me that you'll come out of this whole situation driven and focused. and someday, when vh1 does a special on your life, this will be the turning point...before the 8-ball of coke does you in.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Stephen L. Hildreth said...

also, figure out a way to make it back to bg soon. matt's houe is amazing.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Dustin Meadows! said...

I am an old weirdo but that's inadmissable! Also, I'll be talking to my friend's parents this week and hopefully I'll know something before the weekend comes.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Dustin Meadows! said...

Also, I meant to comment previously but I enjoy your little narratives, be they textual or MS Paint.

8:44 AM  
Blogger emily said...

Re: Steve's comment

I think that E! will do a story on Coco's life, not VH1.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Stephen L. Hildreth said...

i considered E!, but it's VH1 that does Driven. Also, I'm assuming by this time VH1 will no longer have any sort of affliation with music...

Or the Whompus will have reunited and Corey's saxophone stylings will have taken the nation by storm.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember to lock the door to the dorm and you'll be fine! You're a champ no matter which college you attend.

11:49 AM  
Blogger emily said...

this makes nine

3:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen L. Hildreth said...

update your blog. ten.

6:46 AM  
Blogger emily said...

steve sucks. 11.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home