Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Here's Something Fun!

So, I started making a list of the bands I've been listening to lately and I realized a current trend in my current music choices: most of them are ideal to drink to. Therefore, instead of just listing a few bands, I put together my perfect drinking playlist which I will present here. This list is like my dream jukebox and it would only truly work if I was with a bunch of other people who knew all the words to the songs. So, without further ado, my ideal drinking playlist:

1. Fight To Live by The Bouncing Souls - I start it off with an upbeat punk song about having a good time. It's the perfect start!
2. Vampires & Failures by Grandpaboy - Grandpaboy is Paul Westerberg's solo country/blues project. This song is more rocking than most Grandpaboy selections, but it's also laid back. This playlist kind of goes back and forth between upbeat and laid back.
3. You May Be Right by Billy Joel - Just a good upbeat song about good times. Also, it has an awesome drum beat when the chorus kicks in. I should probably have Only The Good Die Young but for some reason it's not on my computer.
4. Before I Break by Uncle Tupelo - The first of a number of alt-ountry songs on this playlist. Good Southern alt-country songs are perfect to drink along to. Especially since most of them mention drinking specifically.
5. Quality of Armor by Guided By Voices - No drinking playlist would be complete without a GBV song, it's perfect bar rock/pop. I picked this song because I just really like it.
6. Me and Joe Drove Out to California by Drag The River - More alt-country about having a good time. It's perfect.
7. Sleeping Aides and Razorblades by The Exploding Hearts - This is just a really good pop-rock song to get the bar dancing.
8. Massive Nights by The Hold Steady - The Hold Steady are the epitome of drinking music and are probably what inspired me to make this playlist. This song is just fantastic.
9. Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen - This should be self-explanatory.
10. Doublewhiskeycokenoice - Just a straight up punk song about drinking. Craig Finn of The Hold Steady put this on a list of his favorite drinking songs and I agree with him.
11. I Can Get Us Out of Here Tonight by Lucero - Lucero is like a combination of the Replacements and Bruce Springsteen with a Memphis heart. I just found them and they are really fantastic.
12. We Didn't Come Here To Die by The Copyrights - A third punk song. It's kind of jarring after the southern vibe of Lucero, but there's nothing like singing along to this song.
13. Find Me Now by The Reigning Sound - This is a nice slow song as this playlist is only 15 songs long and is starting to wind down. I bought an album by The Reigning Sound at the beginning of this semester and it just recently clicked with me how awesome this band is (really awesome!).
14. Bastards of Young by The Replacements - The perfect drinking anthem, it will get a crowd of drunk Replacements fans screaming their lungs out.
15. I Miss That Band by Paul Baribeau - Wind it out with the most upbeat Paul Baribeau song. It's still very depressing, all his songs are. A solid way way to end the playlist, even though Paul has some depressing things to say about drinking in other songs.

Here's the cool treat in this post: I have posted this playlist through You Send It as an album called "Corey's Drinking Playlist." It's a zip file, so just unzip it somewhere on your hard drive and drag it into your music player, it will come up as the album "Corey's Drinking Playlist" (obviously). I have tested it in iTunes and it works, I think it will also work in other players. Some of the files come up as wierd letter combinations but they're tagged properly so they will look fine once they're in iTunes or whatever.

Here's the link: Corey's Drinking Playlist
To download it, you will have to register on the site. I know it sucks, but it's quick and I can't do anything about it. You may be able to use my name and password, although I'm not sure if it'll work. name: corey.close@gmail.com, password: lodhbk. Also, it will only be up for 7 days so act fast!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, this is just a guess, but that password doesn't stand for your two favorite pro wrestlers, does it?

Legion
Of
Doom
Heart
Break
Kid

7:45 PM  
Blogger Corey Whompus said...

mate, if i found out you loved wrestling in middle school and we've never talked about it, i'll be so mad. also, it's my 3 favorite pro wrestlers, hawk and animal of legion of doom and the heartbreak kid shawn michaels.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home