Thursday, April 05, 2007

Books About Miles Davis

This post is a little on the late side, but this weekend was the 48 Hour Film Festival, and who am I to not fill you in on the events that took place? So my group included myself, Dustin, Matt, Theresa, and Theresa's friend Rachel. I'm pretty sure we were the smallest group at 5 people, so that made things interesting. We got our genre, buddy film, at about 5 on Friday and went to Dustin's to brainstorm. We really didn't have an idea we could all get behind until about 9 and by the time we were all set up to do some shooting it was 11 and the kids on the street made it too loud to shoot. Shooting was postponed until Saturday morning but we knew what shots we needed to get, so we weren't worried about the time and it was a location shoot so we had no problems with transportation.

We got started at about 10 on Saturday with some big cups of coffee. We shot pretty much nonstop except when we went to Wal-Mart to get my glasses fixed after Matt stepped on them. we finished around 8 or 9 and ate chinese food before heading to my apartment to edit. I had some problems importing the footage but it was getting done, so we watched Accepted and called it a night.

I started editing at about 10 on Sunday pretty much on through til 6 pm. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although we had major problems exporting that have reduced the quality of the image. That's how it goes with 48 hours, though.

On Tuesday, they were all screened, the group that got film noir took it seriously and therefore made a boring, cliche movie. The group that got sci-fi made a very funny movie and so did the group that got romance. Our movie got a pretty good reception and I'm pretty sure we came in third overall, out of four groups. In reality, we could have managed our time better, but I had a very good time and I'm happy with our product, so it was a successful weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dustin Meadows! said...

I concur, sir!

Next time, though, seriously...Mousetrap:The Movie.

10:51 AM  
Blogger _Theresa said...

Fun weekend!

There is always one serious group...

1:27 PM  
Blogger emily said...

Re: Theresa's comment.

Seriously. Last time I was in the Bitchslap group, and I was so embarrased that we were the group that took things seriously.

I was about to type something else, but to not offend people who may read this comment, I will just tell you in real life.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home